|Choose one of the options and complete all its requirements.|
|Farming||Learn about farming practices in your area.|
|Organisation||Find out about the organisation and daily and seasonal operations of a farm of your choice. Make a note of practices relating to livestock, crops, cultivation, rotation, machinery and labour force.|
|Changes||Talk about the changes in farming practices that have taken place recently in your area. Explain the reasons for these.|
|Cultivate||Cultivate an area of garden or an allotment for a length of time. Agree
this beforehand with your leadership team.|
|Grow||Show you’re successful in growing.|
- Three kinds of hardy annual flower.
- Three kinds of vegetable.
- Two kinds of bulbs, herbaceous plants, flowering shrubs or roses.
|Discuss||Talk to your leader about the work you’ve done and the results you achieved.|
|Livestock||Keep any kind of livestock for a length of time. Agree this beforehand with your leadership team. You could.|
- Look after farm animals or birds, and learn how they should be housed, fed, bred and their economic uses. Show how to handle them safely and learn about animal welfare.
- Manage a hive. Bring in some of the honey you produced.